Aims of ESDaP
The European Society for Dermatology and Psychiatry is a scientific society, legally established 1993 in Vienna under Austrian Law, aiming primarily to provide a forum for European physicians and psychologists working in the field of psychodermatology, psychosomatic dermatology, and dermatopsychiatry, to foster exchange of information and ideas and, more generally, contacts among professionals in the field, to improve the quality of scientific research in the area, and to recruit new members providing important expertise.
The ultimate aim of the society is to foster improvement of patient care by putting into practice insights gained through research in psychodermatology.
The official address of ESDaP is c/o Westtreuhand Ag – Meinhardstrasse 5 – A 6020 Innsbruck – Austria.
- to stimulate interest for psychodermatology, particularly among European dermatologists, psychiatrists, psychologists, and other professionals in this field and in related ones
- to promote interdisciplinary research and education on subjects connected with dermatology, psychology and psychiatry in order to improve both understanding of pathology as well as clinical management of psychocutaneous diseases
- to organize symposia and international congresses on dermatology, psychology and psychiatry aiming to provide both medical professionals as well as the general public with updated information on developments in the field of psychodermatology
In the past, the official journal of the Society was: "Dermatology Psychosomatics", International Journal for Dermatology in Psychosomatic Medicine, Psychiatry, Clinical Psychology and Public Health. The Journal 'Dermatology Psychosomatics' ceased publication with Vol. 5, No. 4, 2004 (December 2004).
As from 2009 the journal Acta Dermato-Venereologica is as the official journal for European Society for Dermatology and Psychiatry.
All ESDaP members having paid their yearly membership fee :
- will be entitled to subscribe to the paper copy of Acta Dermato-Venereologica to a reduced rate
- will have be entitled, as authors, to a reduced publishing fee
- will have one publication fee/year covered by ESDaP – (some restrictions apply) download information here
The Society organizes an international congress every two years.
Moreover, ESDaP takes actively part to other international congresses, such as EADV congresses etc.
New ESDaP members and ESdaP members are entitled to a reduced registration fee to the biannual ESDaP Congress provided they have regularly paid their yearly fee for the congress year and the previous year (new members: for the congress year).